To browse the online city codes, simply click on the code books above. The main menu shows the city codes by chapter, clicking on a chapter will expand the menu to display the sections within that chapter. From here you can either view the code by chapter or by section.
- CHAPTER VIEW - By clicking on the "View Entire Chapter" link directly beneath the chapter title, a single page will be generated with all the sections of that chapter. This view can be helpful for printing an entire chapter or if you are unsure of what section in this chapter you are looking for. *Please Note: Some of the larger chapters may take awhile to generate. You may wish to view these larger chapters by SECTION VIEW.
- SECTION VIEW - By clicking on the individual sections of a chapter, a single page will be generated with only the selected section displayed. This view can be helpful for printing individual sections for future reference.
- When printing code, always use the "Print this Page" button located above the main navigation menu on the left of your screen. This will ensure that the content being printed is formatted correctly for your printer and will not cut-off any text.
- Printing a CHAPTER VIEW can result in very large page depending on the Chapter you are viewing. Please verify the information you want is correct before printing. If you only need a few Sections of the chapter, click on the Section title and print each section as needed.
- At the end of every CHAPTER or SECTION VIEW are "back to index" and "back to top" buttons. The "back to index" button will return you to the city code main menu. The "back to top" button will return you to the top of the screen.
- If you are unsure of where the information you want is located, use the "search City Codes" form to search on just information in the Bloomington City Codes. Or you may browse through the list of common code topics from the link below.
Common Code Topics
Click on the link below to access a listing of some of the common code topics and their location in the Bloomington City Code.
Common Code Topics Listing
The Code of the City of Bloomington, Illinois, is published online as a convenience to citizens and the business community. Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material published online, the only official edition of the City Code is the printed version maintained by the City Clerk. Note that the City Council may have made amendments, additions or deletions to the City Code subsequent to the latest online version of the Code. For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office.